Terms and abbreviations

This page provides information about many useful terms and abbrevations used throughout the EURAXESS website.



A country of continuous residence (in Dutch: bestendig verblijf) is a country in which a person is permitted to reside for a period of more than 90 days, by reason of entitlement to temporary residence or pending entitlement to temporary residence.

More information:



A visum kort verblijf / VKV (short stay visa) is a Schengenvisa.

More information on EURAXESS for:

More information: